Colnago has developed a SRAM/Campagnolo compatible version of the the Shimano direct mount brake design for it’s rim brake V1-R frameset. The B1-R brakeset accommodates the cable pull ratio required by SRAM and Campy. Dual-pivot, direct mount brakes have been lauded for a simple set-up, efficient power, better modulation, capability to handle wider tires and rims, and lighter overall weight. With the necessary changes to fork and frame designs the direct mount style is generally more aerodynamic than single pivots due to more specific integration. This is especially true with many frame builders moving to a new rear brake mount under the chainstays behind the bottom bracket.
The forged, sculpted aluminum calipers have been optimized for stiffness and aerodynamics, and Colnago engaged famous brake maker Hayes to manufacture the system. Outside of the Shimano direct mount brakes (compatible with the current Shimano STI lever cable pull ratio), these Colnago- branded brakes are the stiffest and best reacting we have tried. The, weight, power and modulation afforded by the stiffer caliper is on par with Shimano’s Ultegra and Dura-Ace versions. The padholders are easily adjustable in the Shimano style, and accept Shimano/SRAM type pads. And for the aesthetes out there, these look great in black. If you want to run SRAM or Campagnolo shift levers with your direct mount frameset, the BR-1 is the best option on the market.
- Direct Mount brake system that has been optimized for SRAM/Campagnolo levers
- Front and rear set, for Colnago V1-R and other direct mount framesets
- Better power, modulation, aerodynamics and weight over single bolt mount calipers
- Aluminum construction is stiff and light; built by Hayes
- Padholders are adjustable for angle and height with conical washer system
- Uses Shimano/SRAM style pads
- Color: Black, with Colnago logos
- Weight: 300 grams per set 1(150 grams each)